A history of progress
In 1927, Wilhelm Becker founded a weaving mill with four looms in Aachen-Brand. In doing so, he laid the foundation stone of what is today an international company.
Production expanded constantly in the 1950s and 1960s, and in 1964 more than 100 workers were employed by the company. In 1965 the first Sulzer loom was commissioned, and annual production exceeded one million running metres of woven fabric for the first time. International sales markets were developed in the years that followed, and manufacturing operations continued to grow.
At the end of the 1990s, production capacity was increased with the addition of two new manufacturing plants.
Today, 80 years after the founding of the company, Becker manufactures approximately 4 million running metres of woven fabric annually.
Over 300 employees work together to secure Becker’s competitive advantage for the future.